Monday, March 30, 2015

Florida trip


Today we are going to take a break from chickens and talk about our recent trip to Florida.

I had so much fun in Florida and I did so many things.

My favorite thing I did was riding my bike around my grandmas community.  There are ponds, a church, a community center, a fountain and a nature trail.  
The ponds have fish, turtles and alligators in them.  On the nature trail there are snakes, cows and birds and fresh orange trees.  
I had so much fun riding around and seeing the lizards and sand cranes.  Sand cranes are tall birds and they walk slow and eat bugs as they walk around.  
I got really close to hitting a squirrel, but I slammed on my brakes.
I have really cool lights that blink so people can see me at night.  I used them a lot.  
Here are some pictures from where my grandma lives.







Another thing we did was go to the beach.  I played in the water and on the sand.  It was really warm and sunny.  I got a sunburn on my back, but the sunburn is better now. 
We saw a dolphin and a shrimp.   My brother caught a brittle starfish.  He let it go.  We saw stone crabs, horseshoe crabs and fiddler crabs.  The fiddler crabs are small crabs that come out of a hole in the sand and if you get to close they run right back in.  




We went kayaking a few times and that was fun.  I really like to kayak.  When we went to the Weeki Wachee river, I swam with slayt down the river.  I saw a manatee but didn't pet it.  My sister and brother did.  It was really cute.  The manatees name is Barbara. Here is a link to the Weeki Wachee State Park. 
https://www.floridastateparks.org/park/weeki-wachee

Where do you like to go on Vacation?  What do you like to do?  
Leave your comments below.
Thanks!


2 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying your blog posts. I like to go on vacation, too. I don't have any one favorite place to go, but enjoy seeing any new place.

    ReplyDelete